The first self-made data loggers (beelogger solar SD) according to the instructions of Thorsten Gurzan (www.beelogger.de) go into operation!
- Waterproof housing, suitable for outdoor use, with screw-on device
Each measuring station contains 3 combined sensors for humidity and temperature, with an accuracy of ±0.5°C or ±3%.
- Equipped with a real-time clock, i. e. the data is written with a time stamp. This real-time clock also records the temperature in the housing.
- The card in the SD card holder can be removed at any time. If it is pushed back in again, writing continues automatically.
- The sensors are calibrated and adjusted at 75% relative humidity. Experience has shown that relative humidity between 50 and 90% is recorded fairly accurately in hives during the different seasons. In addition, the range between 70 and 80% is particularly interesting, as the risk of mould increases considerably from this humidity.
- 3400mAh battery and a small solar panel ensure maintenance-free operation. Combined with the extremely low power consumption, the unit is likely to work without problems even in the forest and in winter with a fully charged battery.
- Power consumption is likely to be unique. After a measurement, the software sends all components to sleep. In this sleep phase, the unit consumes 8-10µA, which is almost nothing. After a freely adjustable interval, the complete unit is “woken up”again for the next measurement.
- The unit can theoretically record maintenance-free for years.
- Modifications and extensions are possible.
More informations under Measurement.